Verbal abuse from Paypal operative

Eugheugh
Contributor
Contributor

I phoned Paypal to resolve an issue with a late delivery of an Ebay item where the seller steadfastly refused to reverse the transaction and sent the item anyway in a fit of pique but forgot that Paypal can refund if an item is sent outside of the stated period. During the security check the Paypal operative asked me to recall a number sent by him to me by text and when I said I had not recieved a number he told me to "get lost and don't call us again" and hung up on me. I sent a formal complaint on the same day but a day later have heard nothing. How can this be so?.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eugheugh 

Must be having a bad day, however Paypal can only open a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

Whether Ebays buyer protection policy can cover you for late despatch is another matter, you would have to ask them. 

However if you have received your item and are happy with it, then personally i would just leave appropriate feedback and move on making sure i did not buy from that seller in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eugheugh
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that the phone number was a spoof number and not a Paypal number so changed passwords to be sure. Ebay advised me about the refund, by the way. And yes, I will be hanging on to the item as the seller sounded like a loose cannon.. or bully depending on your point of view. Not worth the bad feedback.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.