Vendor won't process a refund after authorising said refund. PayPay rejected my dispute.

namsdrawkcab
Contributor
Contributor

So due to COVID-19 a lot of flights were cancelled - including mine.  I applied for a refund, which the travel company authorised. The vendor basically promised a full refund with the refund sent to me within 10 working days.

A couple of days after the 10 working days, I contacted the vendor with no response at the time. So I filed a PayPay dispute with the reason listed as "missing refund or credit". 

After the intial 10 day period, my claim was denied with the follow message:

"We received a response from your merchant and have also reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we'll have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualifications for a billing dispute."

I can't understand why my claim was denied considering I attached the vendors acknowlegement and it was way past the promised date? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.