Vendor refunded, but Paypal closed dispute in their favour!

temp20201125a
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal sent a subscription payment to a Vendor who had not provided any service.

Vendor wrote,   "I can confirm that you are not using the plan, the reason it charged in the first place is because the contract is with PayPal (the payment processor) and it does not communicate with our system to know if a given service is used or even when it expires."

Vendor confirmed that they had NOT AUTHORIZED the payment. I duly marked it not authorized, and Paypal wrote,

"We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorised use."

The resolution center would not allow any input, says the case is closed. I emailed explaining the situation and received an email saying

"We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorised."

This payment was taken when the vendor provided NO SERVICE to me whatsoever and ISSUED A REFUND, however PayPal refuses to accept that the case is refunded, and presumably is going to keep the refund for their own lavish purposes.

What a corrupt and greedy and unethcal organization.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20201125a 

If its still in your subscriptions then until you cancel it it will be paid.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20201125a 

If its still in your subscriptions then until you cancel it it will be paid.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.