Vanilla Visa Gift Card

Soundwave84
New Community Member

I purchased a $20 Vanilla Visa gift card recently, with the intention of buying a gift for a friend. When I went to check my Vanilla balance on their website, I was greeted with a message saying the $20 was withdrawn from the card, with no indication of it appearing anywhere on my Paypal account. The withdrawal was made by PAYPAL *BRYSS after I linked the card to my account.  I hope someone can help me clarify this issue... it's stressing me out.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Kdotscomc
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact thing happened to me. $19.30 is what they took from me so your compliant is then only thing i found so far and im glad i did because i kept thinking that it must have been something i ordered and couldn't remember. Let me know what you found out. I just disputed the transaction so it'll be a long while before i see resolve but now that ive stumbled on yours maybe not.
Login to Me Too

hoss7753
Contributor
Contributor

I just discovered this happened to a gift card I checked the balance of in November.  One day later, the money was removed by BRYSS.  Any update?

Login to Me Too

mgabourel
Contributor
Contributor
Just had the same problem. I have a $20 Vanilla Visa Giftcard and I know I did not use it yet. When I went to use it, it declined. I logged onto my gift card account to see that a $20 transaction was made from “PAYPAL BRYSS*.” I have no idea what that means but I would love to find a solution to this. I am very frustrated.
Login to Me Too

hoss7753
Contributor
Contributor

I called Vanilla Gift Card yesterday and spoke with the fraud department.  They told me I have to fill out a form that they will email to me (I have not yet received it and it has been about 24 hours).  Looks like someone may have hacked somewhere and stole our money.  In order to have this fixed, I think we all have to file a fraud claim.

Login to Me Too

mgabourel
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off the phone with Vanilla Gift Card company and they emailed me a transaction case form to fill out. They are going to put the case up for dispute but will take 45-90 days.
Login to Me Too

AMA77
New Community Member
My son got a $25 gift card and I thought maybe we just needed to register it and so I just checked and it was all takes out by transaction: *BRYSS - 310647836 on a PayPal account. I won’t wait 45-90 days to get $25 back but I assume at least PayPal could easily identify the same “Bryss ” transactions and **bleep** it down but apparently not. I’m glad I at least found these posts so I don’t think I’m crazy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.