Vacation Rental Payment sent to hacked email address

Will11526
Contributor
Contributor

We engaged in a contract with a private renter of a beach condo.  They asked for their deposit using Paypal and after signing the contract they sent a Paypal invoice, which I paid.  When we went to pay the balance >10 days before the rip, another email was used and to the original email used, that email owner sent us an email saying someone hacked their account and they have nothing to do with the transaction.  So this person is submitting fraudulent invoices for a property they don't own, and PayPal is transacting the account.  I submitted to the Resolution Center and they denied coverage immediately saying the payment was "not unauthorized". I tried to re-submit using the product or service "different than described", but the case is closed.  I now have what I think is a fraudulent invoice to be paid for the balance due.  Can anyone advise how to have PayPal defend me for processing the fraudulent invoice for undelivered services? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.