VIPsunglasses

Rahjadot
New Community Member

Currently, I have one dispute for a scam website order. I request a refund but they would only refund back to me only if I ship it back to them which is in China and it would cost me over $30 to just ship one fake sunglasses and I paid $60 for it. is there a way that I can get my money back instead of shipping it back? Thought about calling the bank but I wonder what they can do about it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the sunglasses you got can be categorized as worthless item then parhaps there is a way. Contact customer service via chat in message center. get past bot questions to talk to live agent, explained you got scammed with worthless item and ask for exception to send back. 

Some members mentioned that they got refund from PP if you provide a tracking number showing you did ship, so you can actually ship an emoty envelope and get valid tracking number, might still cost you over $30 (max PP will reimburse you for return shipping cost, have to activate that feature in advance) but you'll be out less money and make the scammers pay. However, I'm not sure if that is standard PP practice for refunding after proving return shipment.

Best to get clarification on what PP's protocol is regarding return shipment and subsequent refund. Some had reported that the seller has to confirm receipt o return item before PP will refund, in that case, if you're convinced the seller is a scammer, don't bother sending it back, for obvious reasons.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.