VEGARD <removed> - NON ARRIVAL OF GOODS?PAYPAL dispute

CR551
Contributor
Contributor

Is anybody else in dispute with vegard <removed> regarding non arrival of goods ordered end November - early december. 

I have been sent tracking information but this appears to be a lie - no parcel was delivered - apparantly through my letterbox.  I don't have a letterbox

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @CR551,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, if you have received tracking information that shows that the parcel was delivered, I would recommend reaching out to the courier directly as they will be able to assist you in locating the parcel. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

I have also raised a PayPal dispute against Vegard-<removed>and appear to be one of dozens of people taken in by what appears to be a clever scam. If you search on Trustpilot or Scamadvisor you will now see many complaints about money being taken in Facebook and Twitter adverts promising warm Norwegian-style sock for Christmas only to be met with non-delivery and no-response or limited automatic responses to queries; that is exactly my experience for socks I ordered on 3 December 2019 - so 6 weeks ago. If you look at their T&Cs you then see that there are no refunds on sale items - which I don't believe is legal in the UK! Of those who have received socks, many report that they are not as shown in the adverts and the wrong size  (too small) - the common complaint is that they are "Cheap thin Chinese rubbish".  Whilst I have raised as a PayPal dispute, I think that PayPal and Facebook need to look at this closely as it does look like a deliberate effort to defraud people of their money and it looks as if quite a few, like me, were taken in.

Login to Me Too

CR551
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have opened a cas with Citizens Advice Bureau to report VN to trading standards.  I am hoping that this will go somewhere to getting the company investigated.

Login to Me Too

Jillymar
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I have contacted the courier ,Yodel, and they have confirmed the parcel was not mine. They are unable to give me any more information due to Data Protection. PayPal will not take screenshots of my conversation with Yodel as confirmation that this is not my parcel even though it states this clearly! They are refusing to refund me even though there is evidence the parcel is not for me! PayPal need to look into this scam! 

Login to Me Too

blm236
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! Exactly the same for me. I'd opened a dispute through PayPal before they provided tracking information, which said it had been delivered on a day when I was definitely in all day and had received no parcels, so I thought something was a bit suspicious. After speaking to the delivery company, it turned out to be a tracking number for a completely different person and address! I've thankfully now got my money refunded by PayPal. Feel such a fool for being taken in by this.

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

@blm236  I was also sent a tracking number (Yodel) from Vegard-<removed>(Octavia LLC) by PayPal. When I entered this on the Yodel website with my postcode, it told me that the parcel had been delivered. I was in all of the day on which delivery was supposed to have happened so I experimented with the tracking number and different postcodes and found the same message - the Yodel website does not correlate the tracking number with the postcode! I called Yodel's helpline and they checked and confirmed that the delivery tracking number received through PayPal does not relate to my address! I've tried to update PayPal but find myself in a maze of automated messages and could not speak to a real human and there seems to be no facility to respond to the email through the dispute mechanism. I have not yet been refunded  and will have to let the PayPal process work itself through but this seems like a deliberate scam which has taken in dozens of people.

Login to Me Too

blm236
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I had the same problem when trying to update the dispute case with the fact that Octavia had provided invalid tracking information. Eventually, I called PayPal customer service who were actually really helpful, believed what I was saying and reopened the case, advising me that it would automatically find in my favour and I'd be refunded, so it's definitely worth calling them. You just have to navigate the automated phone system and say "I would like to speak to someone". Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

@blm236   Thank you for your very helpful advice. I have done as you suggested and spoke with a very helpful PayPal assistant a few minutes ago. I have told her what happened and suggested that the fact that more than one person has received a "false" tracking number rather indicates that this may well be deliberate fraud, particularly when you look at the number of people complaining on TrustPilot and Facebook. I have suggested that, as this clearly affects more than a few PayPal customers, she passes this on to their fraud team to try to establish how many people have been stung. She told me that she would do this. I only bought one item so a refund is not exactly life and death for me but I know from other reviews that some people spent much more. I hope that this can be properly investigated by a law-enforcement agency somewhere - but don't hold out much hope.

@PayPal_Martinafor information.

Login to Me Too

CR551
Contributor
Contributor

On my list for this evening then

Thanks so much for a reply. 

I have not managed to get through to Yodel (this is taking up a lot of my life) but will do as I really want a refund.

I have mentioned in my reply above that I have reported this company to Trading Standards through Citizens Advice Bureau - it would be great if we all do this, more weight.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.