Using a Bank Account not in My Name - Temporary Limitation

Ryan_Phillips88
New Community Member

Hi everybody, 

I was wondering if anybody had experience solve temporary limitation when you are using a bank account not in your name. As I live in Cambodia, PayPal is not available using Cambodian Bank accounts so I withdraw money to my Mum's account  in the UK. The address and bank details I used are not in my name. In order to regain full use of my PayPal account I need to upload documents to prove the address and identity. How can I resolve this  issue as my account name is different than those outlined within the documents needed to regain account usage? Has anybody had any experience resolving this issue before. Any help will be much appreciated.  I have emailed PayPal and they said it would be better to call but the rate to call the UK from here is 35 cent a minute, I have heard that sometimes you have to wait for them to answer for hours. 

Best regards

Ryan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan_Phillips88 

You won't be able to resolve it.

You have opened a Paypal account from the UK and you are not allowed to open and use another countries paypal account.

You would never be able to verify it as Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.