Usenet charged me $99.. please help!

Kazu_e
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email from PayPal that I was charged $99 for auto-payment for Usenet. I didn't remember signing up with them. I searched through my email and only found one e-mail from them which is the Welcome E-Mail. I tried to contact them on their website but I was only being redirected to an error landing page. I filed a claim to PayPal BUT WAS DECLINED. Please help. It is very large amount of money and I won't waste $99 for just some clickbait. Really I am struggling now.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kazu_e 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kazu_e 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

whammo
New Community Member

Hello,
I have this same issue, almost exactly. less that 2 weeks after my initial registration, usenet.nl has charged me for AN ENTIRE YEAR of service. this is especially galling, as I haven't used it once since signing up.

However, per the response/solution here, once the charge appears in Paypal, and I get an email informing me of it, isn't the turning off auto payment option too late?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.