Used PayPal credit to gamble

Anonymousgamblr
Contributor
Contributor
So in the UK on 14th of April 2020 the UK banned using credit to gamble however using PayPal credit I was able to gamble. Would I be able to win a dispute against the gambling site for failing to follow the ban?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymousgamblr
Contributor
Contributor

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymousgamblr 

The dates of the transactions are rather important I think. If you gambled with PayPal Credit prior to April 14th 2020, then you might be able to use that for your defense. And PayPal says that PayPal Credit is like a credit card without the plastic: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit

Who is disputing who? You filed a dispute against the gambling site and for what reason? Item (Cash Winnings) Not Received? For allowing you to gamble beyond the ban date? Or is trying to get your money back for services significantly not as described and the gambling site failed to follow the ban?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anonymousgamblr
Contributor
Contributor
I gambled the other week using PayPal credit funds as the site had allowed me to. Due to it being past the 14th of April 2020 do you tonk in would have a case if I opened a dispute against the site? Or will i be denied instantly?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymousgamblr 

What kind of dispute though and why?

Item not received, significantly not as described, or unauthorized transaction (which I don't believe you can win because no one breached your PayPal account to gamble), billing issue?

Or, are you just simply trying to get your money back because they allowed you to gamble after the ban date? Are you having to pay a fine for gambling after the ban date so you're trying to get the money back?

PayPal disputes have a narrow scope/reason that you can dispute with.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.