Update or Edit a Dispute option

maureenk1
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute as unauthorized use because it was the only option offered. I could not find another option. I tried to see if I could update it but was not able to. I tried to resubmit it in the resolution center but kept saying it was closed. How can I reopen this as dispute for item not received? This was a legitimate purchase and even as of today I ask for a refund and they tell me I need to pay more money

Or How can I open a new dispute?

I cannot find a contact number anywhere on this site to get help from a live person.

Even if you select Contact us and scroll down there is no number

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maureenk1 

I think the point is did you PAY using the goods/services option so that you would have buyer protection OR did you pay using friends/family in which case you would have 0 buyer protection???

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maureenk1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!  I did fill out Unauthorized in error.  I did the payment as instructed by the seller.  I contacted the seller and the payment email asking for refund as I did not receive my item.  I was trying to find a way to edit to advise this was a dispute for item not received rather than unauthorized use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.