Unusual email saying that I paid pay pal for nothing i recognize

Teeraya
Contributor
Contributor

help pls. vultr. com cloud hosting just charged me $95 . I don't recognized this type of purchase

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

blue-planet
Contributor
Contributor

I also got an email regarding  a Vultr Holdings LLC payment of $5.00 for cloud sharing.  The email appeared to be from PayPal, but, after checking the actual email address, I realized it  was not.  Also,  I was not charged $5.00 when I looked up my account activity on PayPal .

I googled Vultr Holdings and found that  this type of email regarding payment to them via PayPal was listed as a Top Ten  phishing scam per Consumer Alert website.    They advised to send emails  from this company posing as PayPal to the fraud watch international website and that is what I did. 

If you are not familiar with phishing scams, they are just trying to get you to click on a hyperlink and then divulge personal financial information, so don't click on any links!   

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everyone,

Unrecognized transactions can definitely be frustrating. I would advise following the information and links in this post for more information to ensure your accounts are secure and everything gets reported.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.