cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure whether I should raise a claim or dispute

SOLVED

Unsure whether I should raise a claim or dispute

Hi guys,

My seller is trying to get a refund for tickets they could not give to me but I paid them for it.

It has been 2/3 months now and I want my money back. They agreed via direct message on twitter that I can raise a case with paypal. I don't know whether to raise a dispute or a claim? can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Unsure whether I should raise a claim or dispute

@rayted

You raise a 'dispute' which basically is communication between you and the seller to say there is a problem and they can issue a refund voluntarily if they wish to do so.

If they do not refund you then you have 'up to' 20 days to escalate the dispute to a claim.

The claim stage is decided by Paypal and if the seller refuses to refund you and you win the claim then Paypal refunds under their buyer protection policy if you qualified for buyer protection.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
2 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

@rayted

You raise a 'dispute' which basically is communication between you and the seller to say there is a problem and they can issue a refund voluntarily if they wish to do so.

If they do not refund you then you have 'up to' 20 days to escalate the dispute to a claim.

The claim stage is decided by Paypal and if the seller refuses to refund you and you win the claim then Paypal refunds under their buyer protection policy if you qualified for buyer protection.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.

thank you