Unscrupulous Sellers & PayPal delays

Bcrobel
Contributor
Contributor
I ams so outdone with PayPal! They clearly don't vett the sellers and give constant delays benefiting the sellers and them while I am out merchandise and my money! Warning...Me We Gallery...NEVER received comforter and shams orderes in MAY $80; then there Shopping Technology(should have known by the name.. Oh right.. That name didn't show up until my money was gone!).. Have over $200 for dresses and shoes that have NOT arrived either!! Oh yeah..then it's the two wireless ear pieces that DID finally arrive $33... But are Hard plastic or wood and DONT work! PayPal sent me an address...IN CHINESE and I only get a refund when the whack company in China gets them back.BUT it costs more to return than they cost.. PayPal has yet to get me the American based middle man... The items came through somewhere here in the U.S. so thats where I should return them! There's more... But has anyone found a positive resolution??? Oh.. Before COVID became the excuse for lousy service.. I have SPOKEN to PayPal reps and received better results and support. So this is unacceptable!!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bcrobel 

No they don't vet sellers, impossible to vet every seller that adds paypal to their website worldwide.

So the onus is on you to read up on buyer protection and risk assess your transactions.

Don't buy from these..........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bcrobel 

No they don't vet sellers, impossible to vet every seller that adds paypal to their website worldwide.

So the onus is on you to read up on buyer protection and risk assess your transactions.

Don't buy from these..........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bcrobel
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! Wise tips.. And I won't be making purchases like that again.. Nor will I trust PayPal to effectively or promptly advocate for me .. Their customer!! However, I don't agree completely about the vetting process... It's 2020.. PayPal most assuredly has the capabilities.. Especially when allowing companies to sign on as sellers... To have certain documentation sent in and verified... It may not be full proof.. But more needs to be done that giving me MONTHS of delays.. When they INSTANTLY drafted my account. Again.. My thanks.
Login to Me Too

kendane
Contributor
Contributor

it may be difficult to vette everything that is offered to sale with the ability to pay through PayPal. What would not be difficult PayPal would be to monitor complaints and shut off access to funds on complaints that reach a certain threshold. It would be no cost protection for consumers if on attempting to make a payment to a person or organization that had complaints of fraud, a notice was presented on the payment screen that said something like "this entity has received (X) complaints. Are you sure you want to make this payment." That would at least give PayPal members the opportunity to research before sending their money off into the fraudulent void.

Login to Me Too

Cali_Carolina
New Community Member

Going through this situation right now. It really is a shame how ineffective Paypal is in assisting with these issues. They are CLEARLY advocating on behalf of the seller. I had a seller literally send me the COMPLETE wrong item and are holding me responsible for shipping charges instead of holding the seller responsible and making them supply a return label. It's not my fault the company has ZERO quality assurance before they ship. It's RIDICULOUS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.