Unsatisified with Dispute Process

debrbg
Contributor
Contributor

I have been working with Paypal's Dispute Center since the middle of April.

I tried contacting my seller through Etsy - unable to do so.
Contacted Paypal Dispute, asking for refund since I had no way to communicate with seller. I did not realize I could contact my seller straight through Paypal (kinda new to this)
Seller was contacted, order eventually shipped and received, but not of an acceptable quality. 
2nd complaint made regarding quality. Seller offered full refund if I returned the item - I countered by asking to keep item and be given 50% refund.
(item was a gift and had already been given to recipient)
Seller responded AGAIN offering full refund upon return of item. Asked for tracking information.
I responded to say I would NOT be returning item - wanted 50% refund - did not have tracking information to give seller since item was NOT BEING RETURNED.
Next thing I hear - Paypal denies my claim as I did not provide the seller with the requested information.

I am extremely angered over the course of this dispute because I feel I offered an acceptable compromise to my seller, but my compromise was not only ignored, it was manipulated to the point where the seller kept the entire purchase amount, I was stuck with an item of poor quality at full purchase price and Paypal CLEARLY did not listen to or monitor the exchange between the seller and I.
Had Paypal been monitoring the communications, they would have seen I was more than willing to work with this seller to find an acceptable resolution, but the seller ignored my offer and again...manipulated the communications to where I could not adequately explain my compromise again. 

Oh, and the 'Chat' feature here that is being offered in place of a live CSR? JOKE!
Obviously some automated computer response designed to pick up on certain key words and send the user to useless information that is of no help.
I DO understand the Covid-19 crisis and that CSR's are in short supply right now, HOWEVER...…..if some sort of temporary solution is to be offered, please make sure that solution actually works in the manner it claims and was designed for.

I know Paypal has been in use for many, many years, but if this is the way they treat the consumers who use their service merely to pay for purchases on external websites, I will DEFINTELY NOT be using their service as a form of payment! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.