Unsatisfactory help from resolution process.

dublediff
New Community Member

I recently had cause to enter the resolution process in regard to a less than satisfactory purchase. I purchased an item online with PayPal protection, or so I assumed, and when it arrived it was clearly not the item I paid for. It was a cheap $2.00 toy as opposed to the $80.00 item I ordered. I went through the process of contacting vendor etc and no reply. I then entered the PP resolution process. The vendor was happy to communicate with PP it seems as they asked for me to return to item to China for refund. I purchased from an Australian situated vendor but it appears it was a drop ship sale. I attempted to post the item to China with the supplied address - in Chinese characters, but was unable to obtain a Tracking file due to the address being in Chinese. I attempted several translations with varying results. I contacted PP resolution and informed them of this issue, after several messages, and one phone call to a real person, PP where I requested a translation from the vendor that was suitable, PP have found in favour of the vendor!  Clearly the vendor knows the PP system of the required tracking information and played the game. This is clearly a criminal vendor and PP are backing them with their approach to this issue. Where to next? I posted this issue on their FB page, and got some cryptic comment to contact them on private messaging with a link that lead nowhere. Very unhappy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dublediff 

You should have escalated the dispute to a claim and then paypal would have provided you with an address to return the item back to AND you could have got help with return shipping if you had activated the below link.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Also be aware of these...............

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may also still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.