Unresolved dispute!

kushkush
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I paid for an order on 24 March which I was supposed to received in 15-20 days.

On 1 April I opened a dispute as it had not been sent yet.

The seller responded once at the beginning of april with a tracking #.

The last tracking detail is on 10 April.

I updated it a few weeks later as it had not been received.

Each time we hit an estimated resolution date PayPal just extends it unilaterally.

The first resolution date was the beginning of May and it has been extended 4 times.

I have emailed PayPal and received NO RESPONSE.

Yesterday they moved the resolution date from 3 June to 13 June.

I cannot call them because of COVID what can they do????

I have emailed the seller numerous times and received no response.

Please help...

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

stial_dmg
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the exact same infuriating spot.. Except the seller has agreed on a refund and the case is still open and getting new extensions every 3 days. March 18th the payment was made, I disputed one month later due to tracking ID either being fake or the package is lost. Paypal assured me 4 extensions ago that the problem will be resolved on May 5th. Guess what.. It got a new extension yesterday, now states 14th of June. Of course no calling center is available. I hope I can get my money back before September... 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kushkush 

Everything is taking longer at the moment including payment releases / disputes / refunds / withdrawals etc as Paypal is working with reduced staff and in difficult circumstances due to covid, hopefully reviewed soon.

I think they are inundated with claims at the moment from users that have bought tat from these China websites or from Facebook.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stial_dmg
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I'm with you but it's one thing to experience delays and a whole different one to basically having to cope with total inability and/or nonchalance to resolve issues that just need a confirmation in order to close and nothing else. We are talking about months here, not just days.

Login to Me Too

artisticdragon
New Community Member

It's understandable that everything is taking longer, at the moment, but I have been having expected resolution dates pushed back since early April, Every couple of weeks, the expected resolution pushes back another 3-4 weeks.

I started my dispute mid February! I have even received a request from PayPal to supply 'Proof of Delivery' so they can resolve my case. I need to responded explaining that I haven't received my purchase -that's why there is a dispute!!!

I have had an online chat with Paypal - seemed like a reasonable opportunity to explain my situation - after this, my expected resolution date has been pushed back again.

Where can I start a dispute with PayPal about their unsatisfactory performance????

Login to Me Too

ZRX1100boy
Contributor
Contributor

I rang PayPal with my problem, the call took over half an hour. All I got was a message saying they had limited staff because if covid and the line went dead.

Seems to me it's just an excuse not to deal with disputes.

Login to Me Too

Unhappy1957
New Community Member
I'm also in the same spot! Started the dispute in March. Same crap from PayPal-extensions, extensions, extensions and absolutely nowhere to turn to complain. Absolutely THE WORST customer service.
Login to Me Too

Pokerbrookie
Contributor
Contributor
Thank god im not only one
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.