Unresolved Dispute - Incorrect address used

Cara33
New Community Member

I am in Australia. I bought something from a company in the US. When I used my Paypal to pay they changed my address with Paypal from Australia to United States. They would not respond to my two emails.

I created a dispute resolution with Paypal as I have not received the items. They contacted the seller who provided a tracking number and showed that the item was shipped.

I then contacted the seller again since on the listing they gave Paypal showed the address as United States. I requested they confirm it was sent to Australia not the United States - still no response.

Paypal have contacted me saying my claim has been denied since the item has been delivered which is not the case. I have now tried to contact Paypal again but no response. HELP!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Cara33
New Community Member

Further to what I previously wrote. I investigated further by looking up the tracking no. with USPS and it has been delivered on the 9th February to an unknown address in Swansea, MA, United States. There is no Valley Heights in MA so why was it delivered there? It should have been returned to sender. I believe the company has fraudulently changed my address from Australia to United States and have refused to reply to my emails deliberately because they have probably put one of their addresses on the parcel.

Paypal should be investigating why they changed my address from Australia to United States without my permission.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.