Unrecognised transaction in bank statement but no information on paypal statement

vibi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I hope someone can help. I recently had several transactions over a period of 2 months on my paypal account. On the Bank account it appears as Paypal reference xxxxx direct debit. But none of these details are shown in paypal account. When I spoke to the bank they ask me to speak to Paypal. I tried to call paypal customer service but it points to "resolution centre" as many of the members know the resolution centre ask to pick a transaction. I am struggling at this point because the transaction doesn't show in this step. How do I go about getting help to find out where these money went ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor

It is easy for you to report an unauthorized transaction if you know the transaction details or if you are able to find the transaction in your PayPal account. You check in your bank for the date of the transaction and for the same date you try to find the transaction in your PayPal account. Please follow the below steps to report an authorized transaction:

1. Click Help at the top of the page.
  2. Click Resolution Center.
  3. Click Report a Problem.
  4. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and then click Continue.
  5. Select I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.

If you are not able to find the transaction in your PayPal account it means you have not done the payment using PayPal. You will have to contact your bank for reversal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor

It is easy for you to report an unauthorized transaction if you know the transaction details or if you are able to find the transaction in your PayPal account. You check in your bank for the date of the transaction and for the same date you try to find the transaction in your PayPal account. Please follow the below steps to report an authorized transaction:

1. Click Help at the top of the page.
  2. Click Resolution Center.
  3. Click Report a Problem.
  4. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and then click Continue.
  5. Select I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.

If you are not able to find the transaction in your PayPal account it means you have not done the payment using PayPal. You will have to contact your bank for reversal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.