Unprotected Buyer - Scam!!!

Unprotected2019
New Community Member
️Beware of PayPal, as a buyer️ In short, I made a purchase from a company located in TX that turns out to be a fraudulent/scam company located in China. The item I purchased was not what I received. After no luck reaching out to company, I started resolution with PayPal and then escalated to a claim after no luck. It has been a month and half of back and forth with PayPal. I sent numerous emails of evidence of their fraud, some of which was others’ experience with PayPal claims with same company, same issue. There is a documented history with this company on file with PayPal. The only thing PayPal will do to “protect” me is require me to send the item back to China, at my expense and then refund a PORTION of my payment. The return shipping is over 2 times my refund. The fraudulent company continues the scam, knowing full well people won’t pay that much to return and PayPal continues to process payments to a company they know is fraudulent. I have spoken to numerous PayPal representatives and all I get is “It’s our policy that you return at your own expense before refunding”. No more PayPal for me. FYI: shipping to this location in China $171 to get $70 refund (less than I paid).
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Unprotected2019
New Community Member
As of 10:07, I have shared this experience with at least 50,000 people, not including this post.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unprotected2019 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.