Unprofessional Conduct Eleenonline

Albarab
Contributor
Contributor

I bought and paid for a baitcaster reel on 20th July after seeing an advertisement on facebook, After I had waited for around three weeks i contacted them and requested a tracking number, a tracking number was eventually supplied but the status of the package didn’t change for a further 20 days, the status just kept saying that the package was in Beijing.

After contacting eleenonline multiple times informing them of the problem, and getting promises of help, I told them that as I had not received the goods after 40+ days I requested a refund.

As soon as I sent this I started to receive emails like the one’s below, (I have a suspicion that these are auto generated.)

(Basically, we are not responsible for the shipping cost. We said that we only pay a part of the shipping cost because of your shipping cost. After all, when we send it, we also pay a lot of shipping cost. If you dont want to share the shipping For the return shipping cost, then you can consider the partial refund we proposed before, or what do you think of the 75% refund?

Thank you)

(If you are unwilling to return the goods, we can resend it to you, you can keep the goods or give it to someone else. 100% refund Our requirement here is to receive the returned goods. To save your time, we can give you a 65% refund. Hope you can understand.)

(We need to return the merchandise for a full refund, (We only bear part of the return shipping cost, please pay for the excess cost.) Do you think it is okay? After the goods are sent out, please check the freight bill number for us. After verification, we will refund you in full.)

(Bearing in mind at this point I had not received anything so obviously had nothing to send back, (this is why I think that these emails are, in part at least, auto generated or this is just part of their stratagy.)

Then on the 09th September I finally received a reel, unfortunately not the up market baitcaster that I had ordered, but a $20(aud) cheap plastic spinning reel which is nothing like the Baitcaster I paid for.

Currently I can find the original reel I wanted, still for sale by other companies, with exactly the same advert and videos that eleenonline used but I cannot find their advert. Could it be that they plagiarised their original advert, surely this would amount to fraud ? 

After receiving the wrong reel i sent them more emails requesting a refund and at this point there was a pattern that developed from eleenonline where they would not answer anything I wrote in my emails but rather just sent the same five types of email repeatedly.

In these emails they demand that I pay the shipping cost but don’t supply a return address when requested.

Having(now) done some research on eleenonline there are 12 pages of complaints in the paypal community web page, it appears that the pattern is

• Sell a product.
  • When asked for a tracking number they either don’t supply one, supply a non existent one or take a long time to send it.
  • In almost all of the cases on the PayPal community web site if the buyer actually receives something it turns out to be an inferior product or not what they bought, one guy says he received a “rag”
  • Eleenonline then play the buyer by e mail hoping that they accept the discounted refund out of frustration.
  • If that fails and the goods are actually returned eleenonline then inform paypal that they did not receive the goods so therefore do not need to give a refund.

My status now is at the last two stages, they demand I return the reel for a refund but wont give a return address, if I do send it back I suspect that they will say that they have not received it so I still wont get refunded.

I refuse to accept a discounted refund as I have acted in good faith throughout this and they have not sent what i paid for.

At this point I request paypal to do three things.

Blacklist this company if thats possible, my issue is obviously not an isolated case, this company adopt the same strategy multiple times so surely paypal can stop dealing with them and have a warning on the paypal site for anyone that is preparing to pay eleenonline about their conduct, if I had had that warning I would not have procedded.

Directly address my issue with eleenonline and assist in getting my payment refunded.

Send me a waiver so that I do not have to return the reel that I received until I have been refunded.

If anyone has any other suggestions i would be happy to listen, 

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jikarlsson
New Community Member

I'm currently in a dispute with the same company. I ordered a cute, whimsical lamp in the shape of a raven holding a dangling lightbulb. Instead, two months after ordering, I received a keychain with mini-tools on it—a sort of knockoff Leatherman or Swiss army knife. Does that seem like a reasonable substitute?

I did not even make the connection between my order and that baffling delivery until yesterday, when I went back into my emails with customer service and checked the tracking number, which showed my item as "delivered" on 10/8 (the day I received the mysterious keychain with no order information included). 

I sent a query to the same customer service email, but my message came back as undeliverable, so I panicked, thinking the shop had disappeared with my money, and opened a PayPal dispute. Since then, I was able to connect with another email address listed on PayPal (same email but with paypal added at the beginning). They are currently offering me a 40% refund if I keep the object they sent me. A 40% refund!!!! And they did not even send me what I ordered??? I don't want a crappy knockoff multi-tool keychain. That is not what I paid for. I also should not be expected to package it, schlep it to the post office, and pay for return postage for this random object I never asked for. Even if they offered to reimburse me for the return postage, I should not have to deal with it for THEIR mistake. And I do not trust them to actually reimburse me, anyway.

This company is obviously a complete fraud and a total scam. I don't know what else to do—I sent all the info to PayPal and I'm hoping they will get my money back, as I don't trust this company to do so. 

Login to Me Too

Albarab
Contributor
Contributor
Dont give up, go directly through paypal, and definitely dont accept any offer from eleenonline. it took me weeks but eventually paypal refunded. i also used thier message service to raise my profile, you cant type much but you can attach photos and word documents. Paypal are working with limited staff because of the virus. when all else fails call them but build a case against eleenonline first, give paypal so much info they have no option but to find in your favour. Good luck and enjiy your key ring.😁😭
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.