Unorthized payment

Hereford53
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all i sold a item on uk site called sphock ,was a phone the girl i sold it to said she was out but her boyfriend was in the house, so she paid using paypal, gave phone to her boyfriend got a receipt,all done i thought that was on the 25,10,18 just got email from paypal saying she did not authorize the payment is this a scam
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hereford53

If you shipped the phone to the shipping address on the payment transaction details with tracking info marked as delivered and the transaction is marked as eligible for seller protection then you should be covered against unauthorized transaction claim.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hereford53
Contributor
Contributor
No i took it to there house think they are trying to scam me or her boyfriend stool her id
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hereford53

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.
Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute as you have now found out. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would probably lose any dispute.

You should have refunded them and then asked for cash on collection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.