Unordered delivery

ketucker
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody received any packages from <removed> GUANGDONG, 528000. I Just received a parcel containing a, what I presume is a face Gucci scarf. I did not order this and am unsure what's going on. Is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Kev_T
New Community Member

My other half has had a Tom Ford lipstick delivered that hasn't been ordered. Same address & everything 

Exact same label as this - https://www.cyberbunkers.com/2019/12/cenjiayu-scam.html

Post label has mobile number on also, bizarre. 

Will be notifying bank branch tomorrow

Login to Me Too

BBirl
Contributor
Contributor
If they can, they'll use your details to make purchases online. Nothing appeared on bank account initially either but on-line purchase attempts were subsequently made. They try out the card and eventually get passed the security. Since, I have been in contact by email and they admit to sending the scarf but "the manager" said I can return it and get a 35% refund. I never paid for it in the first instance! I think this is another attempt to gain access to my banking details again. Like I'm going to give them the number of my new card! 😂 I reported them to international fraud after that. My advice, cancel whatever card you used recently and get a new one issued. Be cautious of Chinese sellers.
Login to Me Too

Darlene_423
Contributor
Contributor

This same scam is still going on just different name from same address.  https://www.chinapostaltracking.com/qa/scammer-from-china-sends-unwanted-parcels-to-european-people-...  I received a package today and didn't order anything.  Says it's a sofa cloud magnet, but it's a really cheap apple peeler (maybe cost 10 cents) and states it's worth $5 USD.  No bill and no charge on my credit card.  Obviously, China doesn't seem too worried about their scammers, not sure what can be done, or even what they are trying to do.  I'm thinking China's government may pay individuals for shipping products to countries around the world, so fake orders sending out cheap crap will get them money, too.  Just a thought. 

Login to Me Too

i received one of these today(26/5/20),  i came straight online to try and contact the sender and found pages and pages of this and other forums, visa, master card & various banks,all saying the same thing,   so i rang my bank straight away and got them to cancel an re-issue  my visa, 

Login to Me Too

Mcgov1258
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue. Something arrived today from yuhongfeng underwear factory, Guangdong China.. It was a cheap fork and spoon. I never ordered anything like this, it is scary to receive it. Am I being scammed?
Login to Me Too

Rickus420
New Community Member
I just got a package from this place today that had a white bead bracelet inside. Very confused
Login to Me Too

SotaSurfer
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a 20v Dewalt set off a facebook advertisement like 3 months ago for $99, I thought it was too good to be true.  I received a cheap bracelet instead from the same underwear factory in China. I searched it and alot of other people made the same purchase, along with other items, leading to this scam.  I guess its a way for the chinese company to prove that they actually sent a "product" to a buyers house.

Login to Me Too

Mcgov1258
Contributor
Contributor
In my case I didn't order anything that wasn't delivered. But I received this unexpected delivery from a company and addess i have never heard of, but from whom many other people also received unexpected items.. I am suspecting that they will be scamming me somehow in the near future .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.