Unknown shipping address on my account, and I'm over £100 out of pocket :-(

gurkined
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered goods from an online store and paid through PayPal. The goods never arrived and I opened an item not received dispute with PayPal as the seller wasn't responding.

It wasn't until a few weeks later when I ordered something elsewhere, I noticed a strange unknown address was my preferred shipping address at the PayPal checkout. I checked back on the original order I didn't receive to see what the shipping address was. It was in fact the unknown address. So my order that cost over £100 has probably been delivered t this unknown address.

At some point somebody must have accessed my account and added their shipping address. I don't know how its been done but its not there when I go to my account to delete it but is there now with every purchase I make and I have t be sure to change it.

Paypal have just reviewed the case and ruled not in my favour so it doesn't look like I'll be getting the money back. Is this right? I thought PayPal covered you against fraud?

I called PayPal  a few weeks ago when I first noticed the unknown address to report it and they said they would just put a block on the address but couldn't remove it. Surely thats not right? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.