Unknown "recurring" charged appeared;Paypal says it was "not unautorized"

SeagypsyMAE
Contributor
Contributor

An unknown "recurring" charged somehow appeared on my paypal account on Jan 22--and was paid 2 days later;I do not know the company--nor did I authorize this payment--But when I disputed it--Paypal said it "was not unauthorized" --likely due to the recurring billing that was set up only 2 days ago for charge yesterday!!! The company has no phone number nor email contacts, and I have not received email from them regarding the payment--only email from Paypal saying a charge for $120 was processed and paid. I found a website for the company--never been there before--and put in a support ticket asking for them to refund the $120; I wanted to copy PayPal on a printout of the support ticket--but the closed "dispute" that they did not honor does not allow for any further corresepondence. How is it possible that someone could attached something to my account like that--then PayPal simply say it's "not unauthorized" because they fine a "recurring billing"--yet it was NOT ME who set that up!!!???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SeagypsyMAE

Contact customer service to re-open case:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.