Unknown charges

Vicky-Lheureux
New Community Member

I just went back through 2 years of my prepaid debit card transactions looking for a receipt for something else and noticed multiple payments to different people on my PayPal account. I have never used PayPal for anything. I just created an account within the last 3 months. These charges go back to almost 2 years. How do I rectify this situation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Vicky-Lheureux,

I'm sorry to hear that there were unrecognized charges on your debit card. It sounds like that number has been compromised and someone has been using that card to make purchases. I would recommend contacting PayPal customer service to get any accounts using that card number investigated, and then I would also suggest that you contact the card issuer to request that the card be closed and a new card issued. 

To contact PayPal customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.