Unknown charge on my debit card

abcdkc
Contributor
Contributor

I have a charge for $13.69 on my Mastercard Debit card that I don't anything about. It was posted 05/17/2020 @ 11:46:37. The charge information shows: PayPal * SYLFLETCH EBAY[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] CA. I don't do business with EBAY at all and I no clue what SYLFLETCH is. I checked my PayPal account activity and there is nothing there from January 2020 to May 2020. I don't use that account for anything either. I want to know what this charge is, who made it and how do I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @abcdkc

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

If the transaction is not in your PayPal Activity, the charge was initiated outside your account and that means they used it to a guest checkout payment. Whoever made the transaction knows your card information because that is a manual payment made. In order to check this out. You will need to reach Customer Service to file a report. I also recommend to contact your card issuer to report this so they can replace your card if necessary as the person who made this has your card information.

Hope this helps! Stay safe! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

abcdkc
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I meant 04/17/2020

Login to Me Too

abcdkc
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I had used my card to pay a vet bill. The receipt showed time stamp of 11:20:40. I didn't stop anywhere between the vet's office and home, so I know it was not me that used my card at 11:46:37. I will contact bank about this. I will contact customer service as well. Thank you once again.

Login to Me Too
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @abcdkc

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

If the transaction is not in your PayPal Activity, the charge was initiated outside your account and that means they used it to a guest checkout payment. Whoever made the transaction knows your card information because that is a manual payment made. In order to check this out. You will need to reach Customer Service to file a report. I also recommend to contact your card issuer to report this so they can replace your card if necessary as the person who made this has your card information.

Hope this helps! Stay safe! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Delainyabell
Contributor
Contributor
7How do I email the PayPal Cash Mastercard Dept?? As an unauthorized charge for $99.74 was made to Dynamicsuperiorbuildke with out my knowledge or fraudulently and the transaction is still pending and the money taken from my balance so I cant dispute the charges and PayPal agent aaid to email the card depts but i cant find the email address...can someone help?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.