Unknown card added and charged to my account

toyokazu
New Community Member
I woke up this morning to find a notification saying that I had been charged early for a subscription that would normally recur 2 weeks from now. When I went to check the notification, I noticed that it was charged to a Visa card in South African ZAR and then converted to Yen (this subscription was to a Japanese website so this part is normal) however, I live in the U.S. and have never seen this card nor did I add it to my account and make charges on it. In addition, it seemed as though my password was changed (though I was thankfully still logged in). There were no notifications in my mail suggesting that I had added this card nor that my password was changed. To be safe, I have updated the password, frozen my main credit card, cancelled the subscription, and removed both this unknown card and my normal one from my account. What do I do from here on out? I don’t want to get in legal trouble for making charges to someone else’s card and the subscription service doesn’t allow for refunds.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.