Unknown PayPal account has linked to my Credit Card

SimonGB
Contributor
Contributor

My credit card shows PayPal transactions that do not originate from my PayPal account. I've cancelled my credit card but need to understand how someone has managed to use my credit card from a PayPal that is not mine. I tried raising a security item PP-I-3098561 but it was just closed with no explanation, not impressed.

An unidentified PayPal account has made the following transactions on my credit card and I have no way of finding out who's account it is and how they managed to link my card to their account.
Here is a record of the transactions, they seem to have started on the 11th of October:
11 Oct 2018    £ 1.99 DR PAYPAL *LUQIHONG
17 Oct 2018    £14.40 DR    0.03    PAYPAL *LSENGINEERS
21 Oct 2018    £19.55 DR    0.04    PAYPAL *JCONCARR
22 Oct 2018    £5.20 DR    0.01    PAYPAL *PLEASUREBOX
22 Oct 2018    £37.98 DR    0.08    PAYPAL *EAZYBREATHE

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SimonGB
Contributor
Contributor

It's egg on face time, turns out all the transactions were perfectly valid. It turns out it just the way "guest" paypal transactions get reflected on your credit card bills. It's certainly not obvious how to trace the transactions back from your credit card statement to the purchase.

It's as well my kudos level is 0...doesn't look like it's going to go up any time soon.

Login to Me Too

abdifitahhirsi
New Community Member
I want solve my problem
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.