Unknown Facebook automatic payment

AmrMesbah12
New Community Member

Dear team, I’ve got charged 250$ from Facebook and I have no idea how and why?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Soergel,

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you see a billing agreement in your PayPal account when you follow the steps that Ashley linked? Please cancel the agreement if you find one there. If you believe that you did not establish that agreement, you should also report unauthorized activity in your PayPal account, since someone would need your password in order to establish a billing agreement with Facebook.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey AmrMesbah12,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with an unrecognized charge. It sounds like you may have a billing agreement, which may be why this transaction went through. You can cancel any agreements within your account to ensure you don't have any additional unrecognized transactions. I would advise reaching out to Facebook for more information regarding this charge and what options they may have for you. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mehighmar
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Ashley, Are you sure about your instructions/advice? On December 31st Facebook charged my account $235.39 with invoice P3727392827377909 transaction ID 3J8985206K152662R. Facebook is not even in my PayPal's billing agreement list, let me send send you a screenshot. I opened a case with PayPal and this is the outcome... "Your PayPal claim: PP-D-97141018 claim denied" So then how do you explain what happened?
Login to Me Too

Soergel
New Community Member

This exact same thing happened to our account, except it was not 1, but 4 $250 charges taken out in two days! We certainly have not agreed to any time terms with Facebook that would have caused this! We don't even have our business's Facebook billing connected to Paypal. This is a serious concern.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Soergel,

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you see a billing agreement in your PayPal account when you follow the steps that Ashley linked? Please cancel the agreement if you find one there. If you believe that you did not establish that agreement, you should also report unauthorized activity in your PayPal account, since someone would need your password in order to establish a billing agreement with Facebook.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Tonydasoap1
Contributor
Contributor

Facebook has just emptied our account and paypal are doing nothing about it.....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tonydasoap1,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue that you're seeing. I've added your post to this thread. Please see the posts from Ashley and myself for assistance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Tonydasoap1
Contributor
Contributor

I Have emailed Facebook 3 times now to ask them for an explanation of why they have taken €9218.00 from my accounts. This activity all started in the early hours over a weekend and I am told this activity is not suspicious. The amounts that were taken were small at first then escalated to several at €922.50 until there was no money left to take, then my debit card and bank account were targeted. This is obviously a very serious SCAM and needs to be investigated and resolved. The consumer Protection Agency is a good place to launch an official complaint and this in turn will be looked at by the banking federation into what is quite clearly a SCAM... 

Login to Me Too

photoscene78
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have the same issue now, they took several thousands od dollars from my pp accounts and now they targeted my credit cards. Was there any solution in your case? I blocked all my cards but this is everything I can do currently. Regards, Csaba
Login to Me Too

IanPaua
Contributor
Contributor
Please help! I have the same problem. I immediately put up a case with paypal for unauthorized charges from Facebook and was denied. Paypal claims it was authorized! In total FB has charged over $3000 canadian through paypal from oct 1 to oct 8 this morning. The last time I used paypal for facebook to boost was Sep 30 for like $30. This is VERY serious as they are emptying my business account!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.