Unknown Charge PayPal won't dispute

Desisulli14
New Community Member
I have a $39.95 charge in my account from nvgmsh.com that I did not authorize. PayPal won't accept a dispute. This is clearly some sort of scam. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BigCountryNoLa
Contributor
Contributor
That particular website is a legitimate one that process payments for a variety of websites. I got approached by someone who had a whole website as a licensed massage therapist. Click on the link to book an appointment..... $40 for a deep tissue massage is a great deal. Figured it was a result of the hard times the COVID-19 has put so many people through, including myself. Website clearly said, $3.00 upfront to hold the appointment, payment for service won't be processed until after it is rendered. Not bad, I thought, but as soon as it said approved, PayPal sent a push notification thru saying that $49 and some change had been charged and was pending. Divided between my PayPal balance and my Checking account since it's the secondary source. I went to the website, did an online chat with a representative, told him the situation and had it all cancelled and started the process of releasing the hold on the money..... What a pain in the rear, but this rep was completely efficient and professional. Not sure why PayPal won't file any disputes with them though.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.