Unilone Trade Company

alieneileen
Contributor
Contributor

How does this company get away with trading and using PayPal. I ordered a baby rocker ,which the price seemed to good to be true therefore I blame myself . I received 3 months later a baby garment of no value . I was told I could have a partial refund and keep the item or return it costing me as much as the original item and I would be refunded the full cost. I wont be returning the item as I will still be $30 worse off. How can so many scams be reported and nothing done about it with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alieneileen 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alieneileen 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wsparcie22
Contributor
Contributor

The translation that Paypal is not responsible for the actions of the cheating seller does not stand the test of time. The procedure cultivated by the seller using paypal payments has been in progress since at least August 2020. Thousands of people have been deceived. In the Paypal-community alone, there were about 400 reports from fraudulent Paypal users.

And the Paypal company not only refuses to pay out fraudulent payments, but also has not yet verified the fraudster and has not prevented him from committing further crimes involving Paypal as a company collecting payment for fictitious goods that the seller does not ship.

Login to Me Too

UxbridgeAlan
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from these scammers in the summer and had a similar result. I ordered a lamp and they sent a cheap wooden toy worth 15 cents, and now expect me to return it and pay the shipping to China. This is MAIL FRAUD as it was delivered by the USPS. I am beyond infuriated. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.