Unilone Trade Company

Christine115
Contributor
Contributor

Aug. 16 I bought a crow lamp, the site was called efcvl.site. PayPal paid the company called Unilone Trade Company. EFCVL.SITE has now disappear, but has reopened as TPJVZ.SITE selling once again bargains up to 80% off. The tracking # doesn't show up, but they keep sending emails telling me to be patience it's in the mail. I now have contact with them through PayPal. I know I've been scammed, but why they keep contacting me, it's like a game to them ... I have till Sept, 16 to carry on with my claim, but PayPal wants me to work things out with the buyer first. I fell like a fool, it wasn't too expensive, but I live on a Disability and can't afford to just move on ... **bleep** off. Here's a link to their new site ...<removed>

Login to Me Too
473 REPLIES 473

Ptaah
Contributor
Contributor

Don't bother with PayPal, they are useless. CONTACT YOUR BANK DIRECTLY AND REPORT THAT TRANSACTION AS FRAUD.

I did that on Thursday last week, today they close the case in my favor. Getting all of my money back, including shipping. 

Login to Me Too

Raelene47
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, go to your bank. I also got a full refund from my bank!

Login to Me Too

D-Unit182
New Community Member
I too ordered 2x LED light stands from them for $50USD and was shipped a tiny gym towel to which they respond to emails asking for extra money to ship it back before they reimburse me, and offer me things like 40% refund. Basically treat it like a game
Login to Me Too

steven_t
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like they got me too. Advertised a cute resin Dinosaur lamp on instagram, i clicked through and bought it. Over a month later I get 8 toothbrushes & the order's tracking info says it's "complete"

Embarassing for me but also for instagram/paypal for allowing this too. Again, not much money but enough that I'd rather get back.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526BB
Contributor
Contributor

I bought handmade cat beds and this rip off company eventually sent me something so cheap and completely unrelated to cat beds and then PayPal said I had to return it to China (from australia) and provide a tracking number, which would have cost a further fortune, so they closed the dispute case that I had raised. Given there are over 200 reports here about this company, you would think PayPal would realise they are fraudulent and approve my case and take the funds back from them. 

Login to Me Too

vanessalm
Contributor
Contributor
I have never bought anything from a facebook advert before but thought I would be sage using paypal . Honestly I think it's time to stop using PayPal ... buyers protection is no longer a thing obviously
Login to Me Too

claincz
Contributor
Contributor

Just adding to the growing list here.  I bought a specialty Halloween type mask through PayPal from this company, using my credit card, rather than a PayPal account, but still handled by PayPal back in early August.  Well over the time frame for shipping 4-6 weeks and after sending multiple messages to PayPal, eventually a tracking number appeared, but it was still weeks until is showed as arriving in the US and more weeks until a package arrived at my house.  They sent me a dirt cheap pair of sunglasses and nothing like what I ordered.  More complaints were sent to PayPal who provided the instructions for returning the item.  The address provided both in Chinese characters and English looks very dodgy and Google maps can't find it.  Moreover, after complaining to PayPal about being asked to cover the return shipping costs, they explained that is there policy and they would ask the firm to cover the charges, but it is up to them.  There is also a place to request PayPal to cover up to $30 in return shipping.  I am looking into that, but the initial issue is that the way it is set up, it looks for PayPal account transactions which this was not.  So I can't apply via their on-line system.  I am awaiting instructions.  

In any case, its clear that Unilone Trading company is fraudulent and PayPal bears responsibility for continuing to represent such a firm in its transactions.  If anyone has initiated a class action lawsuit against Paypay, please let me know in the comments below.

Login to Me Too

claincz
Contributor
Contributor

Against PayPal, I meant obviously.  Please pardon the typo.

Login to Me Too

Starves28
Contributor
Contributor
Actually call PayPal customer services. I did and got an answer almost immediately. Full refund.
Login to Me Too

Lakey91
Contributor
Contributor

2 and a half months after I placed my order for a lamp, my package finally got delivered yesterday - a cheap gym towel (these literally sell for £0.80p on Amazon). Rather than wait any longer for the dispute, I just called PayPal and they are issuing full refund.

I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes and the only questions they asked me were my name and what I had received instead of the item I'd ordered. They also said they will be limiting the sellers account while they investigate fraud - something tells me it's not going to stop these guys but you never know! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.