Unilone Trade Company

Christine115
Contributor
Contributor

Aug. 16 I bought a crow lamp, the site was called efcvl.site. PayPal paid the company called Unilone Trade Company. EFCVL.SITE has now disappear, but has reopened as TPJVZ.SITE selling once again bargains up to 80% off. The tracking # doesn't show up, but they keep sending emails telling me to be patience it's in the mail. I now have contact with them through PayPal. I know I've been scammed, but why they keep contacting me, it's like a game to them ... I have till Sept, 16 to carry on with my claim, but PayPal wants me to work things out with the buyer first. I fell like a fool, it wasn't too expensive, but I live on a Disability and can't afford to just move on ... **bleep** off. Here's a link to their new site ...<removed>

Login to Me Too
473 REPLIES 473

Divelizard
Contributor
Contributor
So I reported this to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to a division called Scam Watch, as PayPal asked me to report it to a Government Agency. I uploaded my report. Now they have asked me still to return the the stupid pet shirt I received, blind Freddy knows that, that tracking is never gonna confirm receipt, which is a condition of me receiving a refund. So please DTurpin, Jones599, and anybody else that has managed a refund, tell us how you got refunded without sending the crap back, what additional thing did you do?
Login to Me Too

Cat_lady55
Contributor
Contributor
Hello fellow Aussie, What’s the latest update from your case? I will do as you’ve suggested and contact the accc but I wonder why we have been asked to send the item back when other people have uploaded reports and not been asked to do the same? Thanks, Ursula
Login to Me Too

Divelizard
Contributor
Contributor
I rang PayPal to ask this question and to say it was a scam and that PayPal are assisting them by not banning them from using the platform to collect money. I was told that the two companies that I have disputes with, Unilone and Gennionline are both under investigation for their business practices. However in response as to why some people are being asked to ship back and others not, the agent says its all to do with whoever handles your case and what conditions they place on the claim. I have access to PayPal refunded returns so I will be refunded for the $25 that its going to cost to ship this stupid pet shirt back to China, its PayPals money, not mine, there is quite a bit of effort involved, which basically stretches out the period in which they have to refund you, thats the only benefit I can see for them. I will have to wait 2-3 months for it to be delivered or the tracking to get lost, before PayPal may consider my claim in my favour. Anyway lesson learnt, don't buy anything off Facebook or Instagram, unless you can verify the seller is real. PayPal purchase protection means nothing and they will fight you tooth and nail before they pay a claim. I did also file claims with my credit card company and they are running a parallel investigation, so perhaps they will be able refund me without the hoop jumping that PayPal are putting me through. Unfortunately I can't say I won't be using PayPal again, because it is just too convenient, but I know now that they don't have my back as they say they do!
Login to Me Too

Walter018
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, Paypal is willing to work with these scammers ....  there are so many cases ..  I regretted trusting Paypal when I decided to do on-line purchase from Facebook ( where most scammer lurked) ...   

Login to Me Too

Jones599
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is making money with every purchase. If you don't get your money refunded PayPal is getting some of that money.

It is a crime and might even be considered aiding and abetting as they also benefit from the crime.

Login to Me Too

leeanne1988
Same.. We ordered 2 light fixtures. Never received a receipt or correct tracking info. The tracking number they have emailed me, is incorrect. They told me to wait so it could be processed, but 7 weeks later, no light and the tracking info is still not working. In dispute with PayPal for 6 weeks now. They take a very long time to evaluate such a simple case..
Login to Me Too

Nlogannflo1
Contributor
Contributor

When they send you a trinket, call PayPal to change your dispute to receiving an inaccurate item. They will have you file with a fraud agency as well. Send the proof you filed ( easy process) and then PayPal will get you a refund. You don’t have to know all the info asked on the form , just as much as you know. 

Login to Me Too

Bundola
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an ice maker from them 14th August for nearly $30.

Early October they delivered me a screwdriver not even worth $1.

Asked me to post it back to China at my expense, obviously refused.

They offered rubbish discounts for me to keep the screwdriver.

I do not want a bloody screwdriver, i ordered an ice cube maker!!

100% scam and being allowed to operate via Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Peter250
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, Good news this morning, after reporting Unilone to the ICS and sending the report to Paypal, I got refunded the total amount. Thanks Paypal, it took a while but finally Justice Lets not forget that Paypal can ofcourse not check all vendors if they are scammmers or not. These were tricky **bleep**, sending these worthless item to get shipping confirmation. A wise lesson, lets be carefull were we shop, Also offcourse Facebook has a responsibility to check there advertisers and protect there members. I hope you will all be refunded. Peter
Login to Me Too

Cat_lady55
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Peter, was your dispute claim still active when you were refunded? Had you been denied yet? Thanks, Ursula
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.