Unhappy with PayPal resolution

mark_b2
Contributor
Contributor

I have applied for a refund. I am not satisfied with the resolution centres resolution to return a bag to receive a refund. I was clearly midsold something that was clearly was not as advertised; clearly the seller advertised someone else’s product. The cost of return to China will be as much as the the refund. This is clearly a scam to put me off doing so. Trying to contest this decision on PayPal is impossible as all links lead back to the Resolution Centre. 

How can I contest this decision.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mark_b2 

I understand the frustration and the pain of having to return the item. It might help you to know you can be covered for the return postage cost by PayPal. You can activate return shipping and the guide will take you through getting the refund. You can read the guide Return Shipping. 

I hope this is of help to you. 

***If this or any other posts were of use please mark resolved and Kudos is appreciated***

Login to Me Too

mark_b2
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice. But I can’t see whether or not return postage will be paid. I don’t appear to be able to activate It. So unless I pay for postage first, I cannot find out. And I don’t want to do this.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @mark_b2

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

I'm afraid that we can't reverse the payment unless merchandise will be returned to the seller. This ajudication process we do is applicable generally to "Significantly not as described" cases. Check out User agreement: Buyer Protection for more information about PayPal dispute Procedures. Have a great day!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

zambony88
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  The amount it costs to ship the item back is almost the same as the price of the item.  My problem is that it clearly states on the seller's website that refunds and exchanges are shipped to an address in the U.S., but I guess they told PayPal they want it shipped back to Malaysia (I am sure to eat up the price of the item and have me cancel the case).  I have the return shipping refund activated on my account, but do not want to put the money out for shipping ($40 - of which I would only recoup $30) not knowing if it will be refunded.  I would like to respond to PayPal's decision with evidence that their website states another return address, but it will not let me.  Is there a way to respond to a PayPal decision?

Login to Me Too

Cinrilla

I am super unhappy with PayPal resolution. I ordered one item and received a piece of board in the mail. PayPal sided with the seller who scammed me!!  I will be closing my long time account with them.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Before you close try to reopen the case. COntact PP customer service via chat in message center, answer the bot questions in such a way to get to live agent, then explain. If at first he/she doesn't want to help ask for another rep, or a supervisor. Be persistent, this is a common scam and PP should already know about them.

If you funded the transaction with credit card, you can file claim with credit card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.