Unfairly Treated! :-(

HonestMummy
New Community Member

I've used Paypal for years to keep me and my money safe.  I recently purchased something, however, which just before being sent, the seller said was damaged.  She also said that she would send it, but if I wasn't happy, I could send it back for a full refund.  Only when I tried to do this, she refused!  I opened a dispute, but because she had deleted the listing, I couldn't provide a link for Paypal to see the original listing without the damaged advertised.  I did however send them all the messages saying I could send it back, etc . . . Paypal found in favour of the seller and I'm gutted and have lost all faith in being kept safe by Paypal.  The seller then went on to lie to the Moderator of the group, I was banned from the selling page and cannot access the listing either, even though they say they don't delete them - it's one of their rules.  I've asked others to join the group, which they have done, but the listing has gone, so I now have no evidence of the listing and the dishonest seller wins!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HonestMummy

As Paypal never see the item it is always a judgment call on their part, buyer protection can never be a 100% guarantee of cover.

You have to risk assess your transactions and occasionally a purchase will go wrong.

All I can suggest is that if you funded that Paypal payment via a credit card (personally something I think everyone should do), then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Failing that if you have all the proof from messages sent by the seller AND the seller is in the UK AND you can access her address etc then try a small claims court claim? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.