Unfair resolution

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is batting 500 with me this month. Two items from China. 1. One item did not fit due to very poor workmanship and I received a refund. 2 A bra, which, according to sellers own size chart would fit multiple sizes INCLUDING my size 46C chest. The bra has a tag indicating size 90B (US 35-36B). For refund, I must send back to China. Costs more than I paid! Bad call, PayPal!
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frequentuser 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Why did Paypal resolve one dispute for shoddy merchandise from China in my favor and the other regarding the WRONG SIZE being received (by about a MILE!) in the seller’s favor? Can you only help 50% of the time for any given person? I do not accept this and will quit using PayPal (check my history) if this erroneous resolution is not reversed. I will become part of the very unsatisfied posting community, here, on Facebook, Twitter and any other forum that I can locate. People read my posts. I’m pretty funny! 😜
Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I agee with the lady, Paypal has lately become very unfair people only bye from China because we used to have the guarantee of free postage which they have now stopped, and I guess that has been done because of the overwhelming charge of sending an item back to China because they only sell c**p anyway, they have become so crafty now knowing we boycott them that they state that they are in the uk to get you to buy from them, and Ebay seem to have taken away the requirement for sellers to add their address to their pages.

See my post, I have just got caught for a load of money and I have to pay £53.90 to post it back.  If you buy from China you have no redress now, my wifes Credit card issuer said Paypal is responsible as they are the ones who processed the payment,  and If I want my money back I must claim it from them. They are the one who send the reciept saying "Thank You for using paypal".   Watch that loophole being plugged now.  Oops sorry buyers.

Login to Me Too

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Jeez! Can I change that profile pic? I hate vampires!!
Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

Don't look down to often then otherwise those 46c will go bang,  lol

Login to Me Too

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Teehee! Another Community member with a sense of humor. But I can be a vicious texter when treated unfairly!
Login to Me Too

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Aha! Yes, I was told I could get resolution from my credit card. I call b.s.!
Login to Me Too

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, ‘unnamedemployeeofpaypal’ for reiterating this totally unfair and inaccurate information. (See resolution to previous dispute, also against a Chinese seller.). I welcome all such unhelpful advice! 🥴
Login to Me Too

Frequentuser
Contributor
Contributor
Pardon me: should have said ‘unnamedemployeeofpaypal’ AKA ‘kernowlass’! 🙄
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.