Unfair decision made for the request for a dispute to be opened for goods not received.

mal28
Contributor
Contributor

I placed a pre-order on the 10th of July 2019 for an item which I was to receive by the 10th of January 2020.  I have not received my goods and when I contacted Paypal to open a dispute for me, I immediately got a reply saying that my request had been declined.  By the nature of this transaction I had to wait six months for my goods.  I am deeply concerned that this is likely to be happening on a regular basis as Companies wishing to launch new products but require funding could be running 'Special Offers! such as I have procured to.   My offer was,  if I did not receive my order precisely 6 months from the date of my initial transaction I would have a full reimbursement of my money and be able to hold on to my goods when they arrived.  All the details and guarantees pertaining to my transaction appeared to be legitimate .  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Sriraj

Hi @mal28

I am sorry to learn about your experience resolving a dispute via PayPal. 

We must open a dispute within 180 days from the date on which the payment was made. We should be aware of this if we agree a delivery time of an item or performance of a service with the payment recipient that falls after the expiry of the said period.

This information is mentioned on the PayPal website. Check out the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy

I hope getting familiar with the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy will help you decide during your future purchases.

Sriraj

Login to Me Too

mal28
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Siraj! Thank you for your reply to my comment. I’m fully aware of the rules in relation to the 180 day deadline. However, foolishly I assumed given the nature of this transaction that this rule did not apply. I do think it might be worth drawing this scam to other PayPal user’s attention as I am sure I am not the only person who has found themselves in this unenviable position. Thanks again - once bitten twice shy as the saying goes!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.