Unfair Paypal resolution

Lexieusa
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal sided with buyer without reviewing the facts! Buyer lied and She did NOT return the bracelet in the same condition she received it. She also did not return the Beautiful box it came in. She kept and wore it for over 55 days. She threaten me through eBay messaging. eBay wrote a report on her. This is not her first time doing this.I’m still in shock you allowed this case to open after eBay refused to. She kept the item for over 54 days and used it then opened a case with Paypal as Not as described saying she thinks stones had been changed. The listing is as follows: Beautiful Panetta bracelet Heavy Gold Plated with over 120 Rhinestones A couple missing and not noticeable SEE PICTURES Panetta signed on inside of Bracelet From Estate Like New and could be With safety latch 7" long 1/2" wide This is exactly what she received. She also did NOT return the beautiful box I shipped it to her in. She has constantly lied and threatened me through eBay messaging. Please consider my Appeal by the facts I proved to you and eBay

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lexieusa

1. We didn't do anything as this is a community forum and not paypal customer services.

2. Ebay and Paypal are 2 completely separate companies with 2 completely different buyer protection policies. So if a buyer bought on Ebay AND paid with Paypal they have the option to open a case on either companies site.

3. A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute for item received but not as described. As paypal never see the item then they tend to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you first.

4. If she returned it not in the state sent then you can appeal paypal decision but its unlikely you will win as again its your word against the buyers. If all a seller has to do is say the buyer did not send it back in the state sent then they could do that all the while and buyer protection would be worthless.

5. If the appeal is rejected then look into private legal option is that is an option in your country.

6. I'm afraid losing disputes is just one of the risks of online selling. I tend to view it that as I make more money using ebay / paypal that the odd bad transaction is inevitable sometimes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lexieusa
Contributor
Contributor
If pictures are sent in the state sent item and pictures of what was returned then Paypal should at least look. So what you’re saying a customer could keep and use your item for months and then just open a not as described case and win. That’s ridiculous especially when she has this pattern
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lexieusa

Pictures are meaningless, you could take a picture of a completely different item not in the same condition etc.

Paypal gives you 'some' seller protection but nothing is ever going to be 100% perfect when you are dealing with buyers and sellers and online sales.

You have to risk assess your own transactions. You lost out on this one unfortunately.

If the buyer had paid you using a credit card then they could equally have done a chargeback and won,....then you wouldn't even have the item back....it happens.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lexieusa
Contributor
Contributor
You apparently don’t read completely either. It was a one of a kind vintage piece! Pictures were beautifully posted as sent! She also did not return vintage box I sent it in. It’s not possible to take different pictures of exact RARE bracelet. I did mark it up as a lost but I also consider your comments inappropriate and uninformed. By the way years ago I had a person try the credit card chargeback and I won.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lexieusa

Whatever, forget it and move on like the rest of us do.

As for my comments being inappropriate I am as entitled to my opinion as you are and I stand by those comments.

If you don't want the risks of selling online then try car boot sales.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lexieusa
Contributor
Contributor
You’re very unprofessional at the least. I’ve been selling and giving my hard earned money to Paypal for over 20 years. Still unfair
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lexieusa

Why on earth would I need to be professional anymore than you are professional ?????

I am as entitled to my opinion as you are.

You think I have not had bad sales?

Every seller has, but I did not make such a fuss about it.

In my opinion its not unfair........end of.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Simento
Contributor
Contributor
If you do not have a constructive advice to give then do not give one however voluntarily! For you to say that PayPal policy is not unfair or bias against the seller is at the very least pathetic and completely false. PAYPAL POLICY AND PROCESS ARE BIAS AGAINST SELLERS!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Simento 

You post that you think Paypal seller protection is unfair and I post that I don't think it is, so why should you have your opinion but tell me that I am not allowed mine?

I will post whatever I think is appropriate.

And when you have saved just ONE poster on here from being scammed unlike the hundreds that i have done then your advice may be worthwhile.

Until then its not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.