Unfair Dispute Resolution

dlittle238
New Community Member

It is unfair that I have to pay to return an item that was sent to me but was no where close to the item I ordered. If the seller made the mistake or sent the wrong item on purpose which I think they did in my case why should I be responsible to send the item back before I can get a refund. After I brought to the attention of the seller that the item I received was wrong they never even offered to send the correct item they only offered to partially refund my money if I kept the wrong item. This is not fair and the sellers can easily get away with sending you anything thing they want and still get paid for it. PayPal should correct this unfair practice.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlittle238 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dlittle238
New Community Member

I don't expect PayPal to be obligated to pay for return shipping, they seller should be solely responsible given it was there actions that caused the item to need to be returned. It's not that I changed my mind or the item was defective, the sent the wrong item and they knew it was the wrong item because it's not even close to what I ordered. The seller sent the wrong item in hopes that I would accept it and pay for it and when I didn't they said it was my responsibility to pay for returning it, this is unfair since I did nothing wrong, didn't get the item I paid for and haven't been even been told that they would send the correct item. It is my opinion that PayPal should not allow sellers who do this to be associated with them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlittle238 

I can only tell you how things work with paypal disputes and options available to you.

So...your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.