Unfair Deductions

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

Case:52389384 (closed)

Advertised (@ $90) and sold item in dispute for $80, on Local West Australian Facebook Buy and Sell group 10 months ago.

I have NEVER Sold or listed anything on EBay in the 15+ years that I’ve been a member and am at a loss as to how the advert appeared on EBay with the inflated price of AUD$190 plus an obviously estimated cost of postage of AUD$68. I have not weighed the unit and have no idea how this person arrived at that figure.

Started receiving messages from Ebay resolutions asking why the so called “buyer” hadn’t received the goods. I replied the above. Ebay took the easy way out and ruled that I was at fault.

The funds appeared in the PayPal account on June the 6th.  10 months after I had deleted it from the Local group.

When the AUD$258.50  was deposited and later the same amount transferred back and there was no further activity on PayPal. Logic then would expect the balance to be zero.  Yesterday there was a credit on PayPal which I tranfered back to the bank which had been overdrawn thanks to PayPal.

This morning it seems I am back to owing that same amount to PayPal when in fact I should owe nothing. The guy’s deposit went in and later came out the resultant balance should be 0. There is obviously something sadly amiss with your “cashbook”! Eventually an Audit will discover the error !

Summary:            I have never listed through EBay. Ebay should confirm this.

The ad must have been copied from Facebook.

The price is at least double what I was asking and shipping was estimated without viewing and added.

Why would anybody buy furniture living 4500 kilometres away (Queensland, Australia), sight unseen??

Why wait 10 months after item sold to send payment?

I suggest my PayPal account be brought back to zero, Why do I have to pay for a suspicious situation.

The “buyer” has the money he paid money back and therefore I don’t owe ANYTHING!

I have been a loyal client for over 15 years, the other person 2 years.

As a Pensioner I don’t appreciate the bullying tactic employed by EBay and PayPal.

If this is not resolved I will be reporting this case to Scamwatch Australia and the ACCC for unfair sale methods. I also intend to report to Facebook and the community opinions.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.