Underage when I made an account. I'm now 28, with a deposit I made yesterday now stuck

Cbrasso
Contributor
Contributor
So I went to use PayPal on my new phone, and accidentally went into an account I made 11 years ago. I updated my details (I rarely used my legal account, so this didn't surprise me that it was out of date). I transferred some money in, tried to pay someone, and bang, it's stuck there. I've put up my documentation, but now, having looked around, I'm worried my money is going to be stuck in limbo for 6 months at Paypals discretion once the account review is completed.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cbrasso 

Sadly if it was an illegally made underage account then you would probably have that account permanently limited.

You would have to ask paypal if they will transfer the funds across to your new account when and if you can get hold of them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cbrasso
Contributor
Contributor
For anyone in the same situation, I have gone through PayPal and was able to withdraw the funds back into my account. I guess, from what I can tell, they generally hold funds for 180 days to protect themselves against a chargeback or refund or anything. Since the money was deposited from my bank account, they didn't have a leg to stand on and released it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.