Under 18, how to withdraw funds.

KarimHassan123
Contributor
Contributor

I earn money selling my old clothes and shoes, and I have around £1200 in my paypal balance. When I sent in my passport they said Im 17 years old and that I am underage which is true but I now have the problem of having money that I cant withdraw, does anybody know what steps I can approach. Kind regards, Karim.

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KarimHassan123

As you broke paypal rules and opened a paypal account under 18 then you won't be able to if paypal have limited it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KarimHassan123
Contributor
Contributor
But I need to money very urgently, my parents want me to get the funds bacl immediately is there no way I can resolve this? Surely they should let me withdraw my money at least?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KarimHassan123

Nope, the money you 'earnt' was by using paypal underage so funds are normally released at 180 days as long as you are 18 then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KarimHassan123
Contributor
Contributor
Ive read up on cases where they have given people withdrawals on request but is it not possible I can do it either.
Login to Me Too

Designerlc7
Contributor
Contributor
Call them up and explain that you opened up an account underage and that your sorry and it won’t happen again and ask for your funds back
Login to Me Too

JenerSilva
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Even if he/she broke the rules it's still a minor and legally you're not supposed to withold money from someone underage. Might as well consult a lawyer. If the user lied about their age that's bad, but still sent in their ID. They are under no obligation since they cannot legally sign contracts. Only thing PP can do is ban them, but they have to release that money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JenerSilva 

Nope they don't.

As the 'account' was illegally made then the funds are equally so UNTIL that person is 18, they can then open a paypal account legally and transfer the funds from their other limited account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BabyPlut0
Contributor
Contributor
But the user Thats under 18 can’t move that money out of their account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello KarimHassan123! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! I am so sorry to hear that this has happened. If your account has been limited due to underage reasons, please contact our Customer Support teams by phone and they will be able to provide you with detailed advice on how to proceed. You can also find us on Twitter @AskPayPal and/or our Facebook page. Thank you. – Carlos  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.