Under 18, Validation of Previous Purchases Prior to Limitation

jablenciaga
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a question regarding a possible limitation of my account. I have already given information that says that I am a minor (I was trying to keep the money in my PayPal account), but I was not aware that I had to be over 18 in order to receive money and keep it in the app. I have already requested a bank transfer after I did some research, but I don't know if that will still be valid.

Also, I was wondering if previous purchases will still be valid even after limitations on my account are placed. For example, I paid for a membership through PayPal that will last for one year, but now I don't know if they'll cancel it or not after they place limitations on my account.

I hope this makes sense!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jablenciaga 

Yeah, not allowed to open a PayPal if under 18, you should take steps to wind down this account as much as possible before the limitation takes full effect aka becomes fried. Cancel all subscriptions and/or make arrangements for alternate funding sources on them. Withdrawal as much, if not all, of the funds out. Remove all cards/bank accounts except for one of each that you can later withdrawal to. After limitation, you won't be able to send, received and withdrawal until PayPal emails you that you can, after 180 days from date of limitation taking affect.

When you become 18, you'll need to contact customer service to see about opening a new account and transferring, if needed, any left over funds from the limited account.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jablenciaga
Contributor
Contributor
Would it still invalidate my previous purchases, though? Like will my year-long membership still run its normal course until I would have to repay to keep the membership? Or will PayPal cancel that membership?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.