Unbranded guitar effects pedal

Kevdotson
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone seen these advertisements on Facebook? And has anyone ordered and received the pedal system? It's a unbranded headrush multi-effects pedal for $84 they use PayPal so I was wondering if it's a scam or not

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kevdotson,

Thank you for your post! I understand your caution. It's hard to know if something is too good to be true. PayPal does offer Purchase Protection, but it's important to understand the extent of that protection. If the item received is Significantly Not As Described, it will be possible to open a dispute based on that. It is important to make sure that you fully understand the description and match your expectations to what is described. I can't guide you whether or not to buy a particular product, but I can suggest that you view any listing critically and consider all the aspects of the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kevdotson 

I wouldn't partake unless you want to risk losing $84 which seems too cheap for some guitar pedals anyway and probably sold from China. PayPal does not guarantee products sold with their services. You do a return for a refund.

Do a web search on the merchant/site. If no info or reviews or bad reviews, best to move on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kevdotson
Contributor
Contributor
Can't find anything right off the bat and it seems everyone else that liked it on Facebook is too afraid to give them a try, yes it sounds too good to be true but using PayPal made me wonder if PayPal could do the thing where they revert the charge when it's disputed if the product isn't sent or isn't what the customer was supposed to receive.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kevdotson,

Thank you for your post! I understand your caution. It's hard to know if something is too good to be true. PayPal does offer Purchase Protection, but it's important to understand the extent of that protection. If the item received is Significantly Not As Described, it will be possible to open a dispute based on that. It is important to make sure that you fully understand the description and match your expectations to what is described. I can't guide you whether or not to buy a particular product, but I can suggest that you view any listing critically and consider all the aspects of the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SOAD
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah Kev, i looked this up cause i purchased one on December 26th 2019. My item has not arrived or been sent. I did get a confirmation email and receipt that the goods will soon be sent and that my order went through "order number and invoice attached" . I too thought this was a scam as the headrush pedal is worth $1599 In Aussie dollars new on eBay and there selling for $84 in US dollars. I have emailed them 3 times and only ever got 1 reply that said my order number and email used didnt match anything in there system. I have since relplyed with my confirmation email and invoice receipt then an email calling them out for not being legit, but have never seen another reply. I am hoping this is due to it being holiday season and maybe no one able to reply, but i think we can safely say I have been scammed. This was to good to be true. I was so stoked too, as i thought i found the buy of the century and they looked really legit. Even did homework on the company and item before buying. A scam I think mate. Hopefully paypal can help me get my money back. Will be calling them on Monday.
Login to Me Too

Kevdotson
Contributor
Contributor
If it still is a scam I hope you get your money back but even though $84 isn't a tremendous amount of money I appreciate your boldness and giving it a try keep me posted on how it goes thanks
Login to Me Too

Pauldunn12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I’m still waiting for my purchased multi effects pedal , i did get a tracking number and looked at the information that was provided by the tracking system but since 01/01 20 nothing has been updated so i sent an email to the provider and got a reply it could take up to 30 days to arrive . The tracking company is 17track . So I’m not 100% sure if i will receive such item but one can hope ....

Login to Me Too

Pauldunn12
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it on my paypal receipt the companies name is in Chinese and when you try to look at your original order in your e-mail you cant log on to the website ?....

Login to Me Too

SOAD
Contributor
Contributor
I had the Chinese writing too Paul. Not on my receipt but confitamtion email. Strange cause they claim to have registered in Texas USA. But all said its a scam bro. The reason I think you cant see the website now "and i noticed that too" is cause they have moved on to the next product or scam, this one has been found out. Go onto a website domaintools whois And put in there name. There name is woundsfaces.top There have thousands or registered names and only been in operation under that domain name for a couple of months. I'm seeing what can be done through PayPal to claim my cash back, hope you are able to do the same. "Or if not paypal" cancel your card and contact your bank. Let me know of the resolution if any . Thanks Paul and sorry man these people are dogs.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.