Contributor
Contributor

anyone purchase metal tank advertised on facebook

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

maljon
Contributor
Contributor

Facebook doesn't seem to care about these scam adverts and keep showing them.

Login to Me Too

aubreyhill
Contributor
Contributor

I got succured in too. And now I keep going round and round in circles between facebook the scam artist and paypal. When I have had a claim against me paypal freeze the money and then refund the buyer. But they don't seem to be helping with this one. just questions, questions, questions. FFS get it sorted!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @maljon, @psddylsck, @aubreyhill

I'm sorry to hear you all have been having some issues with recent purchases. I can certainly understand how concerning these kind of situations can be. If you receive an item that wasn't as described, we recommend opening a dispute in our Resolution Center so we can assist a bit further. If you feel your case isn't being resolved correctly or need more information on our disputes and claim process, here's a few Help Center articles that may be able to assist further:

I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?
Can I provide additional information or evidence to help resolve a dispute or claim?

If that doesn't help, I recommend reaching out to out Customer Support via Social Media. They're available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

aubreyhill
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the message. However paypal have buried their head in the sand and decided that no more can be done about my claim.

What a load of **bleep**! I have a claim for damages against me for an item that got shipped on from a uk address that I sent it to. And now paypal have frozen my account. Well that's the way its going to stay till they sort my claim out and I have spread the word over social media.

I should never have trusted someone or something I can't look in the eye and call them a liar!

Login to Me Too

Capt_Obvious
New Community Member

yeah, small cheap plastic RC tank worth £5 arrived!

Login to Me Too

Senoj
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted a complaint to Paypal, but I don't think they ever really did anything.  The company is clearly a fraud.  I like to think Paypal offers some protection. 

Login to Me Too

BSTECH
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal seemingly doesnt offer no protection at all by the looks of it.

I have been fighting a dispute for a long time now and they keep favouring seller although when i talk to a representative online and show them the tracking they see its in another country????  

As soon as it goes to dispute they close it in favour of the seller. back to chat re-open the case, close the case in favour of seller. rinse repeat..

its becoming part of my daily routine now. beyond a joke.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.