Unauthorized withdrawl from my PayPal account through Walmart

kstanley
New Community Member

On August 3rd, 2019 I received an email stating that a 2-step verification was turned on for my PayPal account. I had never even heard of such a process existed. Then a few minutes later I received another email notification from PayPal that $500 cash was just withdrawn from my PayPal account.  I was traveling and immediately called PayPal. I had to wait over an hour for them to call me back. When I explained that I did not authorized this transaction or did not even know that I could go to a Walmart and withdraw cash, they offered little help. They said there was nothing they could do and told me to contact Walmart. So I contacted Walmart and they were of no help either. Walmart said they needed the store number it happened at and then they could look into it more. So I went back to PayPal and they could not provide me with a store number and again referred me back to Walmart and said they were responsible because they authorized the withdrawal. I have gone to Walmart and spoke to their accounting person and customer service and they said without a store number they cannot trace this transaction.  They were very willing to help me, but without more information, they could not. I called PayPal again on Sept. 9th, 2019 and spoke with a supervisor that told me there is nothing they can do because they do not see any fraud.  So frustrating that I am getting nowhere when this is clearly fraud and nobody will do anything about it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.