Unauthorized withdrawal through Walmart..

Bayoughost
Contributor
Contributor

Friday the 28th of June, $500 was taken out of my Paypal account through Walmart cash out, Paypal has been no help and closed the case, saying It's Walmart that's at fault.  Walmart, also has been no help, I have chatted, called and emailed them to resolve this, but no help so far. I have two different transaction ID's, but they can't seem to find which Walmart the transaction took place at.  Anyone else had this happen?  Very frustrating, seems like either party wants to take responsibility. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GaryJ

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

tmannion
New Community Member

Just happened to me. Claim Initially denied with comment "Transaction was not unauthorized.  Claim denied."   Wait what?    Got my attorney and contacted Paypal CFO to make him aware..... Its a clear problem with them. No mobile verification sent to me.....no record of me at a walmart (at least not in 15 years), no store location indicator provided (for store tape). Instead they said denied because someone had a 'government issued ID". Yeah, its fake. How can they take my $ with their faulty security systems and BLAME the customer. If paypal is going to deny providing $ back- then provide the Walmart store number and/or the video of the withdrawal.  The Walmart could be several states away- at least Paypal- figure out the location before the customer is blamed!!!  I need to get store film before its recorded over for my police report.

Login to Me Too

LRTN
Contributor
Contributor

paypal refunded my money when I complained on their social channels

Login to Me Too

Mengwang
Contributor
Contributor
March 28 2020.Some one cashed out $220 from my account at Walmart Chicago IL (1:53 pm) .I live RI.I have filed a claim (2:pm)with PayPal and it came back denied(6 pm).What kind of investigatory work are they.call them only robot answer.I lost me job this time.I need the money now . Any other suggestions?
Login to Me Too

Aliciavkulp
Contributor
Contributor
I highly suggest you reach out to them on Facebook, that’s how I got my $500 back. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

oasisbasin
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me today. Two withdrawn( $119 & $500) was made on May 30th and May 31st. PayPal doesn't allow me to file a claim I have reached out to them on FB and Twitter. I will update if there is any progress. 

Login to Me Too

oasisbasin
Contributor
Contributor

I got my money back. I recommend you going to PayPal Facebook page and contact them through it.

Login to Me Too

Jl7005
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried this way and also got denied.
Login to Me Too

Stealpil
Just got hit for $499.99. there's a security flaw in PayPal's system or a Walmart employee who's in on the take.
Login to Me Too

davidgee
Contributor
Contributor

Got ripped off for $285 on friday 6/19, at a walmart, i was home working when it happened.

Called Paypal on Friday, changed password and PIN, removed all my cards from the account. Turned on 2FA.

My ticket was closed as not being unusual, which is TOTAL BS, because I don't shop at Walmart and I never withdraw cash from my PP account.

What is the best way to dispute this? I am not backing down, this is a security flaw on PayPal's system. I have been an account holder since 2000 when it was x.com

Login to Me Too

hiddencreations
Contributor
Contributor

I just saw that I had $500 withdrawn from my account at Walmart. I have never withdrawn money at any store from Paypal. How can we prevent this and I hope I get a refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.