Unauthorized withdrawal through Walmart..

Bayoughost
Contributor
Contributor

Friday the 28th of June, $500 was taken out of my Paypal account through Walmart cash out, Paypal has been no help and closed the case, saying It's Walmart that's at fault.  Walmart, also has been no help, I have chatted, called and emailed them to resolve this, but no help so far. I have two different transaction ID's, but they can't seem to find which Walmart the transaction took place at.  Anyone else had this happen?  Very frustrating, seems like either party wants to take responsibility. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GaryJ

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that there was unauthorized use of your PayPal account to generate the bar code for withdrawal at a Walmart. Please reach out to customer service to request another review of the situation. If they are seeing consistent activity in your account, they may have overlooked something. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bayoughost 

Someone has to have had access to your log in info, logged in the PayPal app and went to a Walmart to cash out, and not necessarily because of an authentic unauthorized breach of your account either. Change your password. Check your device for viruses and malware. And probably there were no irregularities with the $500 transaction when examined with  your previous account history or account linkages, if any, that PayPal can pick up on hence they closed the case. There could be other extenuating circumstances that caused this to happen which isn't necessarily stranger to stranger crime, could be from acquaintances where there is conflict. No one knows. If it was a hack, it was an highly expert one that hid their tracks well. Not impossible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bayoughost
Contributor
Contributor
My wife and I are the only two who has access to our account and we were both at work when this took place, I’m not understanding why no one can tell me which Walmart it happened at. I checked our local Walmart, and they have no record of it.
Login to Me Too

DennisC5
Contributor
Contributor

This also happened to me.  Paypal and Walmart cannot even tell me which Walmart this occurred at.  I have even filed a police report and had an investigator call Paypal.  They wouldn't give any information.   

Is anyone else with this problem interested in a class action against Paypal?

Dennis

Login to Me Too

KatGirrl
Contributor
Contributor
@DennisC5 I am ready to take action against PayPal so let me know if you want to connect on how to move this forward.
Login to Me Too

KatGirrl
Contributor
Contributor

Follow up on my unauthorized funds withdrawal at Walmart - PayPal did determine that it was fraudulent and returned my money to me. I was still VERY uneasy and moved all money out of my PayPal account. I did also file a police report and made a file with the US internet fraud site.  

Login to Me Too

Mcren702
New Community Member
This just happened to me 2 days ago. Same story, neither Walmart or PayPal want to take responsibility for it. How did you get them to prove it wasn't authorized? Where are you? I'm in Las Vegas.
Login to Me Too

llarwood13

This just happened to me. Is anyone else doing a class action? 

Login to Me Too

Don-3
Contributor
Contributor
Just happened to me too
Login to Me Too

Tonylee519
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me this morning too. I just opened a case but I’m afraid of going through what you all are going through as well.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.