Unauthorized withdrawal through Walmart..

Bayoughost
Contributor
Contributor

Friday the 28th of June, $500 was taken out of my Paypal account through Walmart cash out, Paypal has been no help and closed the case, saying It's Walmart that's at fault.  Walmart, also has been no help, I have chatted, called and emailed them to resolve this, but no help so far. I have two different transaction ID's, but they can't seem to find which Walmart the transaction took place at.  Anyone else had this happen?  Very frustrating, seems like either party wants to take responsibility. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GaryJ

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

LRTN
Contributor
Contributor

I just had $500 withdrawal from my paypal account at a walmart. Date was 2/19/20. I received the same email from paypal. At first I thought the email was phishing email but decided to log into my paypal account to double check. I filed a claim with paypal and am waiting on that. I have never done a cash withdrawal from paypal. This should be a feature that you can turn off.  

Login to Me Too

Zanestyles
Hey, so I’m on the same boat as everyone. I did all the run a around a with Walmart and PayPal. I did my homework on everything, I have the barcode ID, the correlation ID and also the Transaction ID from the email. Long story short when I read that theirs two different transaction ids, I hope this will work and someone on PayPal stated that’s the Walmart ID and can’t determine the location. They told me “if I take this Transaction ID that they can tell me location” So I took it apon myself to drive to one that’s far from me which is like 1.5 hours from where I lived. Then when I got there they looked at me if I had a second head when telling them the situation and stated that “any transactions can be looked up if they purchase from this store only, can’t determine other locations”. Therefore this is a complete waste of time and they made me drive out there for no reason! What type of service is being treated here?! Like I honestly don’t know what to do!
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Reading this topic is really scary. Months ago I opened another bank account at the same bank. I keep $20 or less in it and link it to PayPal. Hackers can’t get funds for lunch never mind $500. I transfer money to the account from my bank website when needed. This is a pain but protects you and bank transfer is instant
Login to Me Too

SBartist
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me today as well, seems like there are several posts from people that this also happened to today.  I rec'd an email, I haven't left home for two days, but someone used the PP cash app and apparently showed some type of ID and was able to take $500 out of my account.  I personally do not even have the PP app on any mobile device.  So infuriating. 

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PayPal would be smart if they contacted WalMart and informed them about the $500 withdrawal scam. More ID could be needed and both companies could avoid damages.

Login to Me Too

Tbirdrio
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me today. I've been on the phone with PayPal trying to get in contact with their fraud department, but they keep dropping my call. I'm livid. They're not helpful and the system is clearly flawed and I'm feeling very discouraged reading these responses. 

Login to Me Too

SBartist
Contributor
Contributor

This morning I wake up to an email from PayPal determining that the $500 cash withdrawal (that I did not make), was valid.  I am livid!!!!

Login to Me Too

Aliciavkulp
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me yesterday in the amount of $499. I disputed it and my case was closed saying the activity was authorized and I would not be getting my money back. I called again this morning and asked to speak to a supervisor who did nothing for me so then I went on their FB page and blasted them and now I got my money back..... I suggest doing that.
Login to Me Too

Max03
Contributor
Contributor

After not hearing anything from paypal in roughly 3 weeks, I had given up hope.

To my surprise in my email today was an email from paypal saying a credit was made to my account for the money that was taken.

I wonder if paypal is finally catching on that this is a scam.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That’s really great news

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.